Reiki Newsletter



October 2005
Reiki Stories

Heart Healed
I sort of bumped into Reiki. In 2000 I wasn't feeling well, and after a lot of tests I was told that I had had a silent heart attack. I have diabetes. I was told that I needed a heart catheterization, so one was scheduled. I live in a rural area and traveling to Syracuse, New York, was necessary. There was also a two-week wait. During this time I went with my partner to a college graduation party. There I met a woman who asked me if I was feeling OK. We discussed a few things, and then she asked me to come to her house during the week. Our schedules were pretty full and the only night I could go was the night before I traveled four hours to Syracuse for the test. I went, not knowing what I was invited for. She asked me if I had ever heard of Reiki, and I had not. She asked if she could do a treatment—what did I have to lose? The treatment was wonderful and lasted about an hour. I became very calm, then very emotional—such a release. When she was done she let me talk about anything I needed to talk about. I felt so loved, protected, and different. I had the procedure the next day. I was scared; I won't deny that. During the treatment I began to cry; fear was taking over. The doctor told me to look at the monitors. There must have been ten of them against the wall. He then told me what he saw, and didn't really understand. He said there was a very healthy heart on the screens, very healthy. There was no evidence of a heart attack, just a small valve problem. After the procedure he came to my room to talk with me. He said that he was sure I had had a heart attack—the echo, ultrasound, etc., had all indicated that I had, but there was no evidence of a heart attack. He didn't understand it, he said. I said I did. After I got home the next day I called my friend, my Reiki teacher, and told her the story. At that point my desire to know and use Reiki began. She was a Reiki Master, and from her I too have learned. Do I believe the Reiki made the difference? Yes, with all my heart and spirit. I tell this story when I teach Reiki, and always become emotional, as I am now. —Kay

Uteral Malignancy Healed
My workmate Denise was diagnosed with a growth in her uterus. They took blood samples, biopsies, and ultrasounds. They showed a malignancy. She is just twenty-one and has five-year-old twin daughters and is one of the hardest workers I have seen, completing four certificates in tourism and a diploma in youth counseling in the years since having her daughters. She also works full time. I gave her two short treatments of Reiki hands-on and also each night I sent her Reiki. I also asked friends to pray for her and told them we had a month to heal her before the surgery to remove the growth. I also asked Archangel Raphael to heal her.

The surgery was scheduled for this week and she had to go in for a pre-op consultation. They couldn't find the lump. They redid all the tests and searched and they found a little bit of scar tissue where the lump had been and no further signs in her blood. Thank you to all who became involved and helped this dear girl, and Thank You to Raphael.—Margaret McGuire

Reiki Heals Stroke
I recently had a patient who suffered from having a stroke. He experienced a mild weakness on his left side and great difficulty walking because he could not balance, was dizzy and had double vision. He fell a lot and couldn't walk outdoors. Also, he reported that he felt like worms were crawling in his head. He saw a neurologist, neuro surgen, and a balance therapist with no improvement and in fact his symptoms got worse as he began vomiting.

I started giving him Reiki treatments and cranialsacreal therapy, followed by balancing exercises. After four treatments, this 83 year old gentelman recovered completely. Now he can drive, and go for walks with no complaints - no double vision and his head is back to normal. Each time he recieved a treatment, he went into deep relaxation within 30 seconds and said it was a heavenly feeling. Reiki can do miracles. —Hima Dalal, Lexington, S.C.

Reiki Scanning Detects Mass
I had a skeptical friend, who, after I took Reiki I, rolled his eyes and said, “Sure, you can Reiki me, whatever that is!” As I was scanning his body, I was particularly drawn to his left chest area, and particularly his areola. My hands, in an instant, turned to ice. It was a feeling I can't really describe. I couldn't ignore this. I stopped and my hands continued to be ice (which he felt and was stunned). I had to put my “nurse hat” back on and begin to palpate and assess, and much to my amazement, there was a very large mass in his chest wall. Although he felt the cold, he was reluctant to go the doctor, so I dragged him kicking and screaming. The surgeon brought in his resident, as he had “never seen anything like that.” They immediately scheduled surgery and removed a very large mass that, had it been left any longer, would have put pressure on his heart and he would have died. This was my first (and most memorable) experience with Reiki. It still amazes me, and this was over a year ago. I know we crossed paths for a reason. —Light and love, Lyn Martin RN, BSN, LMT

Ligament Healed
I was on my annual trip to Acapulco, Mexico, for New Year’s. On New Year's morning, during the last gasps of the New Year's party (approximately 5 a.m.), one young Mexican man slipped on the marble floor where it was wet and really hurt his leg. His friends took him to the local hospital. He came back and had not broken his leg but had torn his ligament, which is potentially more serious.

I placed my hands around the injured area on his leg just above his knee. Immediately my hands began to heat up. I would shift positions around, but it was clear there was some serious energy flowing through my hands. He said it felt very warm and tingly. I kept at it for roughly twenty minutes when suddenly what felt like a bolt of lightning went through my hands and into his leg. It was not in any way painful but shocked both of us, to where I pulled my hands away and he jumped. We looked at each other, and he said, “What happened?” I told him I honestly didn't know; I had never experienced that before. What happened, as near as I could figure after speaking with other Reiki healers, is that the injury was fairly substantial and the healing energy simply wasn't going through fast enough. So it apparently was a “bolt” of healing energy that shot through me into his leg.

I asked him how he felt and he said the pain was almost gone; it was no longer throbbing and stabbing as it was before. He profusely thanked me and said it felt so much better. After that, I gave him twice-daily Reiki treatments, although no more bolts went through me. The hospital had told him it would be an eight- to ten-week healing period. I heard later through our host in Acapulco that his injury was substantially healed in five weeks, according to his doctor in Mexico City. Again he passed on his thanks to me through our host and said that he was telling everyone he knew in Mexico about Reiki healing and how it helped him. I was very proud of this healing experience and learned very much.—Mauro Montoya

Copyright 2005, ICRT
All rights reserved. No part of this material may be reproduced or utilized in any
form or by any means, including electronic or mechanical without written permission.
The International Center for Reiki Training